If you’ve been blessed to attend an Elon Musk interview you realize that people come away with their own interpretations of his newest concept explanations.
Most folks that are inherently geeky always enjoy the content. Because Mr. Musk has the innate ability to speak to the nerd in all of us. I like to think of him as the “What if guy” or the “Genius solution provider”, ‘cause that’s what he does best.
Thinkers and wish takers always find value in his bells and whistles that create his amazing new toys, problem solvers and drawing board concepts that become fodder for the next Sci-Fi novel. But most of all – the world wants to know what makes him different and how can they become the next universal “problem solving genius”.
What I’ve noticed most is that he spends an inordinate amount of his talent and resources on the following;
- Innovation that serves the masses.
- Concepts that improve communication
- Simple solutions that address complex challenges.
And then I wonder what features make his branding so sexy and compelling? And my take on this is the following;
- He manages to make geeky a valuable and sexy commodity
- He addresses his audiences in simple English
- There’s a sense of honesty in his body language, gestures and manner of speaking
- Most important he’s persistent. These are traits everyone values… persistence produces stability.
In composing content, I take in consideration a few of these observations.
Storylines created about the maker of a product or service should be compelling and attractive, drawing on the readers imagination.
The language should speak to the audience in plain simple words. The content, whether visual or articles, should convey a sense of unforced honesty.
The marketing strategy must be consistent and constantly innovative.